To enhance and protect the motorcyclist riding rights in New Jersey. To enhance the common good and general welfare of New Jersey’s motorcycling community by promoting education, awareness, safety concerns and to foster a general understanding by motorcyclist and motorist alike. To make our voices heard on legislation affecting riders in New Jersey on a local, state and national level by creating a united community of motorcyclists connected through our organization. Furthermore, we address any legislation concerning motorcyclists locally, statewide or nationally. Finally, we will engage in charitable activities benefiting our organization, the motorcycle community and society at large.
Motorcycle Only Checkpoint (MOC) Bill is LAW
Our long awaited MOC bill is law! The link below will show you a copy of the signed bill. It may be short, but it has teeth. Law enforcement can no longer single out a group of bikers just “because”. Checkpoints must treat motorcycles like any other vehicle.
ABATE of the Garden State is fighting for motorcyclists’ rights on several state level issues. Most of these issues will not only help all motorcyclists, but will either directly or indirectly help all motorists.
- Sponsor/Support Legislation addressing motorcycle profiling.
- Veteran Motorcycle License Plate
- Option to proceed at unresponsive red lights.
- Continue the fight against E-15 and higher blends of Ethanol fuel.
- Increased penalties for right of way violations causing injury or death.
- Fight for increased penalties for and enforcement of distracted driving violations.
- Maximum utilization of motorcycle safety funding program.
- Promotion of driver and rider education courses and motorcycle awareness.
- Legalize multiple motorcycles per parking spot.
- Educated freedom of choice concerning helmet use for adults.
For full explanation Click Here