To enhance and protect the motorcyclist riding rights in New Jersey. To enhance the common good and general welfare of New Jersey’s motorcycling community by promoting education, awareness, safety concerns and to foster a general understanding by motorcyclist and motorist alike. To make our voices heard on legislation affecting riders in New Jersey on a local, state and national level by creating a united community of motorcyclists connected through our organization. Furthermore, we address any legislation concerning motorcyclists locally, statewide or nationally. Finally, we will engage in charitable activities benefiting our organization, the motorcycle community and society at large.
THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR YOUR SUPPORT!!
A.B.A.T.E. of the GARDEN STATE HAS SUCCEEDED IN
GETTING THE MOTORCYCLE ONLY CHECKPOINT BILL PASSED!!!!
IT NOW AWAITS THE GOVERNOR’S SIGNATURE
A special thanks to the Motorcycle Only Checkpoint (MOC) Sponsors & Supporters:
Prohibit Motorcycle Only Checkpoints
S-1614-Senate Sponsors. A-2316-Assembly Sponsors.
Van Drew, Jeff as Primary Sponsor Andrzejczak, Bob as Primary Sponsor
Doherty, Michael J. as Primary Sponsor Giblin, Thomas P. as Primary Sponsor
Oroho, Steven V. as Co-Sponsor McHose, Alison Littell as Co-Sponsor
Norcross, Donald as Co-Sponsor Space, Parker as Co-Sponsor
Bucco, Anthony R. as Co-Sponsor DeAngelo, Wayne P. as Co-Sponsor
Caputo, Ralph R. as Co-Sponsor
Benson, Daniel R. as Co-Sponsor
A special thanks to the Motorcycle License Plates for Veterans Sponsors & Supporters:
Establishes special Motorcycle License Plates
S-836 Senate Sponsors.
Norcross, Donald as Primary Sponsor
Pennacchio, Joseph as Primary Sponsor
Bucco, Anthony R. as Co-Sponsor
ABATE of the Garden State is fighting for motorcyclists’ rights on several state level issues. Most of these issues will not only help all motorcyclists, but will either directly or indirectly help all motorists.
- Increased penalties for right of way violations causing injury or death.
- Fight for increased penalties for and enforcement of distracted driving violations.
- Continue the fight against E-15 and higher blends of Ethanol fuel.
- Maximum utilization of motorcycle safety funding program.
- Promotion of driver and rider education courses and motorcycle awareness.
- Option to proceed at unresponsive red lights.
- Veteran Motorcycle License Plate.
- Increased enforcement of covered load laws.
- Legalize multiple motorcycles per parking spot.
- Educated freedom of choice concerning helmet use for adults.
For full explanation Click Here